The new NEX-5R is a bit of an upgrade compared to the 5N. You get the same articulated display found on the F3, better auto focus, WiFi capabilities and downloadable applications. The WiFi capability will greatly improve the user experience of this camera. You can easily upload pictures to your mobile phones (Android and iOS via free PlayMemories Mobile App) or upload directly to Facebook. This will definitely affect the battery life but hopefully it’s can outweigh the added benefits.
The camera is schedules to be available this October (2012) for around $750 with the 18-55mm kits or $650 for the body only.
Sony Alpha NEX-5N specification:
- 16.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- New “Fast Hybrid AF” for improved continuous auto focus
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- User installable camera apps
- 1920 x 1080 60p AVCHD Progressive (Ver2.0) full HD with stereo sound
- 3-inch tilting touch screen LCD display
- New customizable control dial and Fn button
- Sensitivity: ISO 100 to 25600
- Manual exposure controls (M, A, S, P)
- 10 FPS burst in Speed-Priority mode
Source : photographyreview.com